My kids are SO picky about asparagus. The one doesn’t like it when its soft and the other doesn’t like it any way really. With that, I was eating a LOT of asparagus bc of E2M and started experimenting for a new way to make asparagus that all of us would love! This chopped asparagus recipe is SO easy – even easier than this one – and honestly, I kind of forget I’m eating asparagus after awhile AND the best part, everyone loved it! Like legit devoured it, complimented it and asked for it again!
I’m sharing a Reel of how I make this over on Instagram so be sure to check it out and then pin this recipe so you can try it out this week!
- Saute Pan
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Rinse asparagus and cut off the woody stems
- Cut asparagus on an angle into 1/4 inch pieces
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium-high heat and add garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Add asparagus to the pan and season with salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
- Saute about 5-7 minutes until cooked, but not mushy.
- Remove from heat and squeeze 1/2 lemon over the asparagus and add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
By The Way…
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!