About two months ago, I was inspired to try out Grilled Pizzas and I’ll tell you right now, I don’t know if we’ll ever order pizza again! They are SO good and SO easy to make and cheap too! I mean, does that cross off all the boxes or what?? The boys also like that you can make your own with whatever toppings you’d like, but our fam fave is margherita without a doubt!
I use Skinnytaste’s Pizza Dough recipe for our pizzas, but you can always grab some pizza dough from the grocery store. You can get fresh pizza dough usually by the bakery or you can find it in the frozen section, you’ll just have to thaw it out before using it.
When I make a big pot of sauce, I always freeze any that’s leftover in jars so it makes it even easier to make these! I’ll just pull a jar of my frozen sauce from the freezer in the morning when we’re having these for dinner.
Be sure to head over to my Instagram to see exactly how I make these in today’s reel!
- pizza dough I do 1 batch per 3-4 people
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- italian seasoning
- fresh black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Heat grill to 400-450 degrees and spray with olive oil.
- Divide pizza dough into 4-6 pieces and roll out for individual pizzas.
- Put pizza dough on grill and brush very lightly with olive oil. Grill until it begins to bubble, about 2 minutes.
- Add sauce, garlic, mozzarella, italian seasoning and pepper to pizza and grill until cheese is melted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and add fresh basil, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Let sit for a few minutes before cutting.
By The Way…
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!