Ok so before you come at me, I know Fettucine Alfredo is not a dish served in Italy. There IS pasta al burro (pasta with butter and parmesan cheese), but full-on alfredo with cream and everything is an Italian-American thing and from what I hear, you will not find it in a restaurant in Italy unless their menu caters to American tourists. REGARDLESS of that, my boys freakin love alfredo and ask for it often. Its a super easy dish to make so PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, DO NOT BUY IT IN A JAR.
Take like 15 minutes and you can make your own alfredo with whatever extras you’d like in it and you’ll actually know what’s in the food you’re eating! I often do alfredo on it own, with bacon, chicken, shrimp, broccoli… you can pretty much add anything to it!
- sauce pan
- 1 lb fettucine fresh preferred
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated locatelli or grated percorino romano
- salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes
- grated locatelli
- fresh cracked pepper
- If using fresh fettucine, boil in 6qts salted water for 2-3 minutes. If using boxed fettucine, cook according to box directions.
- Melt butter in sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Whisk in locatelli (not all at once). Continue to cook until cheese is melted and sauce thickened a little.
- Toss pasta in sauce and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, fresh cracked pepper, more locatelli and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Be sure to tag me @jillianrosado if you make this so I can see!
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!