I know, I know, its VERY brave of me to title this The Best Pork You’ll Ever Have, but I’m standing by it. Its SO flavorful and super juicy and just too good! The prep takes a little time and slow roasting is key here, but its a great dinner for the fam! So the next time you’re working from home or its a rainy day, make this pork – you won’t regret it!
Note: I marinated this pork overnight and it had the best flavor. I cannot guarantee the same if you don’t marinate it the same amount of time. I also used half a pork shoulder when I made this, but you could also use a pork roast or tenderloin. Again, I cannot guarantee the same results with a different cut of pork.
The Best Pork You’ll Ever Have
- blender or food processor
- roasting pan with rack
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 3/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 oranges juiced
- 4 limes juiced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Add olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, mint, garlic, oregano and cumin in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place pork in ziploc bag and pour marinade on top. Close the bag, place in dish and in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove pork from bag and place on the rack – throw away the extra marinade. Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Roast pork at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 and cook for another hour or until the pork's temperature is 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
By The Way…
You can find all of my E2M Recipes HERE
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!