It’s apple picking season! And while I didn’t pick my own apples, I sure do love baking with them anyways! I have been making this Apple Walnut Pie for YEARS and its always a hit! I cannot take full credit for this recipe, it’s one I found through Taste of Home. Everyone raves about it every time and It’s easy to make so I highly encourage you to try it!
Apple Walnut Pie
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs beaten egg
- 1 tbs milk
- 3 tbs softened butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp lemon juice divided
- 2 pie crust 9"
- 8 peeled and sliced tart apples I use medium-sized macintosh apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, egg, milk, 1 tbs of the butter, vanilla and 1/4 tsp of the lemon juice.
- Line a 9" pie plate with one of the pie crusts and trim it so its even with the edge of the plate.
- Spread nut mixture on top of the bottom pie crust.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with remaining lemon juice.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and toss with apples.
- Spoon apples over nut mixture.
- Cube remaining butter and spread out over apples.
- Place the other pie crust on top and use fork to seal edges. Cut "vents" on top and brush it with some milk.
- Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. (Mine usually goes for the full hour)
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before serving.
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!