Ever since I discovered Egg Roll in a Bowl, I have been thinking of what other quick recipes I can come up with for easy weeknight meals and Unstuffed Pepper Bowls was a no brainer! Its super easy to make, very tasty and you can make it carb-free with cauliflower rice!
Unstuffed Pepper Bowls
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbs olive oil extra virgin
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs cumin
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5oz) drained
- 2 cups cooked white or cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- Saute onions in 1 tbs olive oil over medium-high heat for a few minutes and then add red peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ground turkey to pan with the rest of the olive oil and saute until browned, breaking up any clumps as you cook.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and oregano and mix to combine.
- Add in tomatoes and peppers. Simmer until tomatoes soften. Mix in fresh parsley.
- Serve over rice and top with shredded mozz.
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!