One of my most loved recipes on this blog is my Easter Bread so I made a batch and took some proper photos of it. This bread is perfect with a cup of coffee or as dessert. I’m making some to bring to my sister’s and gifted some to my new neighbors. Its dense and a little sweet and OH SO good! It takes time, but its SO worth it! PS: This recipe makes four small loaves.
- 1 pkg active dry yeast (1/4oz package)
- 1/4 cup water room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 6 tbs melted butter
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbs milk
The Night Before
- Dissolve the yeast in a large bowl with the warm water with a small pinch of the sugar. Let sit 10 minutes until foamy.
- Whisk in the remaining sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, oil, and melted butter.
- Combine well with a mixer.
- Once everything is well combined, mix in the flour, one cup at a time, to form a wet, sticky dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for about 5 minutes, adding flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the surface.
- Spray a bowl with oil and place dough in it then spray the top of the dough and cover with a damp towel.
- Place in the oven with the light on (but no heat). The dough needs to rise until doubled in size, about 6-12 hours or overnight.
The Next Day
- When doubled, punch dough down, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into four pieces. Take one piece and cut it into three strips and braid. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place the loaves on a silicone mat or parchment-lined baking sheets. Cover very loosely with lightly greased plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and once loaves have risen, bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Stir confectioners sugar and milk together until smooth and drizzle over bread and enjoy! I like to add a sprinkle of festive jimmies on top too!
I hope you love this bread! Its such a nice treat year round, but especially at Easter! If you do give it a go, tag me in your pics @jillianrosado – can’t wait to see!
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!
Where To Find Me:
Blog | Instagram | Facebook Group | Pinterest | Youtube
Let’s Get Social