One of my favorite salads lately is this Grilled Chicken Salad with Orange and Avocado! Its low-carb and has such a great mix of flavors. You can make it in under 15 minutes and I definitely encourage you to grill a bunch of chicken while you make it for leftovers throughout the week!
Grilled Chicken Salad with Orange and Avocado
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut width-wise trim any extra fat
- 4 cups spring mix
- 1 orange peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado halved and sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Start the grill
- Slice chicken widthwise (so its thinner) and rinse it. Dry and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and then season with salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, ground mustard and oregano.
- Grill chicken over med-high heat for 4-5 minutes each side or until done. Let sit for a few minutes before slicing.
- Place 2 cups of spring mix in each bowl. Squeeze half a lime over each bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add half the orange and half the avocado.
- Slice the chicken and place on top of salad. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
By The Way…
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!