We’re doing our best to stick to the E2M meal plan this round and have been pretty dang good… minus a few treats… Anyways, I made these Portobello Burgers during our first round of E2M to feed the craving for a full-on burger and let.me.tell.you. they are GOOD! They def feed the craving and they’re super easy to make! The large portobello mushroom caps mimic a hamburger bun and all the toppings elevate it even more! You HAVE to try these – you will love em!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 slices red bell pepper round slices
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Combine ground beef with chia seeds, 1 egg, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine and form into burger patties.
- Grill burgers until desired doneness.
- Lightly brush mushroom caps with olive oil and add to grill after you flip the burgers.
- Remove burgers and mushroom caps from grill.
- Cook 4 eggs over easy and mash the avocado.
Plating The Burgers
- Place one mushroom cap on the bottom.
- Add leaf of lettuce then burger patty.
- Add the fried egg, avocado, red pepper ring, mustard and hot sauce.
- Add mushroom cap for the top bun and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
So instead of making the same old thing, try these and be sure to tag me @jillianrosado so I can see! You can also find some of my meal plans HERE and all of my food posts HERE
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!
Where To Find Me:
Blog | Instagram | Facebook Group | Pinterest | Youtube
Let’s Get Social