I’m always looking for an easy festive treat for the fam and after seeing everyone and anyone making puff pastry trees over the holidays, I figured why not make a heart one for Valentine’s Day?? My heart shape needs some work and my food photography DEF needs some work, but who cares bc this tastes so dang good! I mean, you cannot go wrong with Nutella! Even better? Its SUPER easy to make and sure to please the crew!
An Easy Valentine’s Dessert
- Cookie Sheet
- 1 box Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets 2 sheets per box
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 egg beaten
- Let pastry sheets defrost about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roll out both sheets and lay on top of each other.
- Cut heart shape out of dough and separate the sheets.
- Place on cookie sheet and spread Nutella all over one of the sheets.
- Lay the other sheet on top and cut into the heart from the edge to almost the enter leaving the pieces all attached at the center.
- Twist each strip away from the center a few times so the dough keeps the heart shape.
- Brush dough with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before digging in!
So if you’re looking to surprise the kids with a sweet treat after school or a quick and easy dessert for your Valentine’s dinner, this is it! If you make this, be sure to tag me @jillianrosado so I can see!
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!