Thanksgiving is this week, can you believe it?? Whether you are hosting or visiting family or friends this year, often we run into the issue of what to bring or serve. While I shared a big ol’ list of Thanksgiving recipes with you HERE, I figured, why not throw together an Easy Thanksgiving Dessert that everyone will love?
I’m not a HUGE pumpkin person, but I do love these cupcakes. The beauty of them is that none of the flavors are overwhelming or too sweet so they blend together so so well! You get a hint of pumpkin in the actual cupcakes, the creaminess of cream cheese frosting, a bit of spice/savory from the crushed ginger snaps and a drizzle of sweetness from the caramel. A big hit in my house when I tested these out and I’m sure your fam and friends will love em too!
I used In Bloom Bakery’s Pumpkin Cupcake recipe and it was SO good! Huge props to In Bloom Bakery for this one! I then made the Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe below) and piped it out with my frosting gun. I swear, my cupcakes come out looking so profesh with that thing! Then I crushed up some ginger snaps, sprinkled them on top and finished it off with a little drizzle of Smuckers Caramel Syrup!
You will LOVE these! I cannot wait to hear all of your rave reviews! So if your mom, sister or whoever casually asks if you can bring a dessert to Thanksgiving, say YES and make these!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- hand or stand mixer
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- Set butter out about an hour before you're ready to make the frosting so it has time to soften.
- Once softened, mix butter with hand or stand mixer until pale yellow and fluffy – a few minutes.
- Add in cream cheese and mix until combined
- Mix in confectioner's sugar until combined.
- Frost away and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
PS: Subscribe to the blog HERE so you never miss a post!